Mrs.Vahchef is very fond of cooking and her Recipes are very unique and fit for busy women specially working women
Onion paratha is delicious and very popular North indian breakfast dish.
Onions 2 no.
Wheat flour 1 cup
Chopped ginger ½ tsp
Cumin seeds powder ½ tsp
Garam masala powder ½ tsp
Coriander powder ½ tsp
Red chilli powder ½ tsp
Green chilli ¼ tsp
Coriander leaves ½ bunch
Salt to taste
Onion seeds (kalonji) pinch
Spring onions ¼ tsp
1. Take a bowl and add chopped onions, salt and mix it nicely, then squeeze out the water from onions and keep aside for 5 minute.
2. Now take another bowl add wheat flour, salt, oil and squeezed onion water to make soft dough and rest it for 2 minute.
3. Now place the onions in muslin cloth and squeeze out the water completely.
4. Take plate and add squeezed onions, cumin powder, chopped ginger, garam masala powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, green chilli, coriander leaves, little of salt mix it and make a small dumpling.
5. Now take small dumpling of dough and make small puri with hand and stuff the onion mixture and seal the edges nicely, then roll it gently like paratha.
6. Heat oil in tawa add paratha and cook both the side, serve it into plate and apply ghee on it.
7. Now take another small dumpling and make small puri with hands and stuff the onion mixture and seal the edges nicely before rolling take kalonji and press the dough on one side, on another side sprinkle the spring onions then roll it.
8. Again heat oil in tawa and cook the parathas both the sides and finally apply ghee on it.
9. Taste Onion paratha is ready to serve.